I scream to a halt for chartreuse.
Just before the 4th, my friend and I trucked up to the Los Angeles Downtown Modernism show. I have been wanting to add a little color to our drab patio.
Previously I have complained (just a little) about our interior courtyard which **ahem** needs a little work. It is pretty plain Jane. Someday I plan to roof it and turn it into a bit of an outdoor room.
Before you could say "atomic" these two architectural, sculptural wonders were in the back of my friend's truck. We just weren't totally sure which one of us would get to keep them. We found these cheery chairs at Grain LA who also had other patio furniture pieces with new plastic slats/tubes/cords and new powder-coated aluminum.
They are really comfortable and a tiny bit Sputnik. These chairs are at the high end of the modern furniture scale (meaning super modern, not super expensive). But heck, it's summer. Grab a Margarita and stay awhile.
And who is peeking out from behind Missy Chartreuse Lawn Chair?
I have a soft spot for Bitossi.
I think the patio looks way more summery now.
|Ghost in the window.|
- Los Angeles Downtown Modernism
- Dwell on Design 2013: Chairs and a Chest
- Dwell on Design 2013: Kitchens
- Dwell on Design 2013: Lights and Glass
- Dwell on Design 2013: Outdoors, Gardens and Patios
- Dwell on Design 2013: Miscellaneous and Random Goodies
- Dwell On Design Home Tours-L.A, 2013 Garten and Reid Residence